Women’s day is coming and everywhere there is this topic of women empowerment, women safety, women hygiene and sanitation, women education etc etc.
There are loads of events happening and many workshops coming up to celebrate and honour women.
International Women’s day will be the day when news papers will be filled with articles telling about the strength and accomplishments of women, stories about women who made it through hard times, women who never give up, women who strike back in every way.
When we read and see all this, it feels lovely to be a woman…isn’t it?
So what are ‘we’ doing to celebrate it individually?
Girls do u have any specific plans…..yes I know what are you thinking? or rather expecting. “My office guys will plan something and will give away gifts on women s day” or “ we all will cut a cake and distribute sweets” or some may have a least expectation of a card from their loved ones or as simple as a cup of ginger tea on a hot evening made by their husband especially for the day.
That’s it,… like really ?
When at one side we are talking about women being independent, women moving ahead in each & every field, in all aspects and on the other hand we still expect someone else to do something to keep us happy, isn’t that contradicting??
Are we that dependent on others for our happiness? Can’t we celebrate this womanhood all by ourselves?
Yes we can and we will ,or rather we should…..yes we should go out and celebrate this day, not because it’s a hype or it’s a new cool fad to celebrate such things but it’s for US (for YOU), for that inner satisfaction and real happiness.
All you women out there JUST ONCE forget who you are, what you have been doing, which age group you belong to, what others think about you, what status you hold, and most importantly forget that you are a woman and be a girl.
Stop taking care of all around you and focus on your being.
As Oprah Winfrey says ” The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate”
Pamper yourself and just follow this to-do list this women’s day.
1. Get a haircut, style it differently and go for an Ombre hair colour (I know its your secret wish to do it since ages)
2. Buy some nice things for yourself, shop for all those things which are on your mind(shopping therapy always works its like…. NIRVANA!)
3. Get a card for yourself(when was the last time you visited Archies?..do it today)
4. Have a road side Wada pav or a Pani puri and gorge on your favourite food without bothering about the calories..;)
5. Ignite your inner hobbies and give them a way. Take time to do what you love doing.
6. Make time for your best friends, call them or just meet for a coffee.
7. Click snaps like teenagers and go to your old college katta or to your all time favorite hang out.
8. Experiment with your clothes, yes wear all bright colors this summer.
9. Dance like no one’s watching on your favourite item song :), yes girl you have got that moves 😛
10. Praise yourself for all the good work that you have been doing.
Just remember happiness doesn’t come with a price tag so be creative & explore more ways to do something than the routine to make yourself happy and cheerful.
Have a blast & enjoy to the fullest because no one can ever know and love you the way you will love yourself.
This women’s day swear that you will keep up the spirit and will break free.
If you do so that’s the real women’s day celebrations, not for the day but for the lifetime!